Friday, July 25, 2014

It doesn’t matter if we wanted to do it or not, what matters is if we did it at the right time or not: Nibha Gupta


"I call myself as a daughter, a sister, a friend, a Dreamer, a Writer, Poetess, a Storyteller, an Artist, a philosopher, a thinker, a listener, an advisor and a bird with the wings of imagination!" says Nibha Gupta, one of the contributors of the recently released and critically acclaimed anthology, Crumpled Voices. 

Nibha is currently pursuing Masters in Computer Applications from National Institute of Technology, Bhopal. She completed her graduation from Banasthali University, Jaipur. She aspires to be writer in future. She gives wings to her imagination through the words which she shares with the world through her blog “Expressions”. Apart from studies and writing, she loves reading and indulges herself in her love for crafts. She is also a photography enthusiast and spends her free time capturing Nature through the lens. 

 How does it feel to be a part of 'Crumpled Voices'? Being a total newbie in this field of writing, Crumpled voices was an enriching experience. Connecting with fellow contributors and becoming friends with them was an awesome experience in itself. It was complete fun to be with them. Moreover Pulkit and Ila were a great support. A big thanks to them for providing me this opportunity to shine.

Tell us something about yourself.

Being a Writer never did any good for answering this question. I still get stuck on this one. I am twenty-something girl pursuing MCA from NIT-Bhopal after completing graduation from Banasthali, Jaipur.

Further, I would describe myself as the lover of written words, a girl who is mostly lost in creating her own world with these words. Apart from reading and writing, capturing nature through my lens is always an option.

Tell us something about your writing journey.


My writing journey started when I was just a kid and would scribble short verses for the greeting cards I made for family, friends and relatives. Earlier the only reader of thoughts was my Diary with the exception of my closest friends who read my poetry occasionally when I wrote. My first piece that reached beyond my friends was my Science Fiction in Science Reporter Magazine when I was 17. It felt great but that was it. My writing went back to my pages of diary. And then my blog “Expressions” happened last year.


Words after words and thoughts after thoughts, I gradually started sharing with the world. I began to see Writing in new light. There were more dimensions to it than I had known before. Then I set out to explore new horizons and I’m still on the journey to it. Meanwhile, Crumpled Voices came along.

Apart from these, my poems and articles were published in school and college magazine now and then. Recently, my poem “The Lost Smile” was published in online magazine- Writer’s Ezine June issue, selected as the best entry for the month.

Tell us something about your story. What instigated you to pen down a story on this issue? 


My story, Eighteenth Birthday, is based on the domestic violence and the suffering the women go through and what a woman can do to save her child/sibling to rescue her from pain.

The idea of the story struck suddenly while glancing through the newspaper where one random news headline about the domestic violence caught my eye.

Name one social evil that as per you needs major attention. Society is full of evils these days ranging from dowry to female feticide. But one particular evil that needs major attention is crime against women, primarily, molestation.

What do you think can be done to curb such practices? Most important step should come from the state and the central government in the form of stringent laws. These laws should help in instilling some fear in the minds of the culprits. Youth should stand up against these atrocities and help making this society a better place. Last but not the least, as we all know that the teaching of a child starts at home, the environment the child is brought up needs to change along with the mentality of both parents. It plays a crucial role in forming the personality of the person when he/she grows up. It’s the thinking that needs to change because until we can’t change our thoughts we can’t change the world.

If you were given a chance to help eradicate a social evil, what would it be and how would you fight the same? If given a chance I would try and eliminate the crime against women so that they can walk free on road without a single thought of fear crossing their minds. If given a chance I would persuade government to make laws that are difficult to mend and provide justice to women in due time, because Justice Delayed is Justice Denied.

Name one social organization that you feel is working in the most progressive manner.

Social Welfare Association of Neo Socialites (SWANS)is an organization that encourages and motivates the youth to volunteer towards social good.The objective of this organization is to create a common platform across the length and breadth of the country for people to join hands and weave back the torn social fabric of our nation.

I’m currently not associated with any social organization, just a college society that works for children. If given a chance I would love to work with such an organization that helps in bringing change in the society.

Lastly, is there a message you would like to convey your readers.

I would like to request my readers that if they witness any social evil, please do take a step to stop it, no matter how small it is. It doesn’t matter if we wanted to do it or not, what matters is if we did it at the right time!


Thanks Nibha. It was great having you on my blog.

Readers, Nibha would be waiting for your feedback. Do reach out to her at nibha.gupta91@gmail.com

Purchase link of Crumpled Voices: http://bit.ly/1m5MnwV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop in your comments :)